Saturday, June 30, 2007

Chunkster Challenge Wrap-Up

For the Chunkster Challenge, participants could choose to read any number of chunksters from any genre. A chunkster was defined as 400 pages or longer. I didn't do so well with this one. Of my original picks, I only read one:
Virginia Woolf by Hermione Lee.
I substituted two of the others out for two I did read:
Olympos by Dan Simmons
Illium by Dan Simmons
And I just ran out of steam and never got through a fourth one.

I don't feel all that bad though, because I read 30 books that were 400+ between January and June. So, somehow I think I still fulfilled the challenge!

The best book: Lee's biography of Virginia Woolf. I felt like I lived at Bloomsbury!
What book could I have done without? Illium by Dan Simmons
Any new authors? Both :)
Books I did not finish: Che Guevara, a biography of Jon Lee Anderson. I'm very interested in the subject, and in Anderson's writing style, but at that point I'd been reading so much non-fic for school I just needed a break.
What did I learn from this challenge? To put Hermione Lee on the top of my kickass biographers list! Also, that it's ok to fail. :)

(Note: thanks to Nyssaneala for the idea to have questions!)

No comments: