Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Wrath of the Righteous

I received a parking ticket today. It's marked as "in a no parking zone, loading zone, or blocking traffic." Here's the thing. My car was in a parking lot, happily sitting between two parallel lines with nothing but asphalt in between.

So, obviously, the security guard (it was on campus) made a mistake. However, thanks to his mistake, I have to take the time out of my schedule to appeal this bogus fine. I don't even know what to write in the appeal, other than that I was in a parking space. Then, if the appeal doesn't work, I have to take the time out to meet with the dean of students to make the silly thing go away.

It'd be one thing if I had parked illegally. But this just came out of the blue. And since it's on campus, the fine automatically goes on my student account. So, I can't just refuse to pay it; instead, I have to make them take it off my bill.

Hmph.

In happier news, I finished Out of Africa. Should be able to review it tomorrow. For now, let's just say that I found the writing beautiful, even if the writer had a different moral compass.

And, in even happier news, I found out that my little bitty public library has a copy of The Inheritance of Loss! It's the next selection of The Written Word's bookclub, and since I'm short of funds, I thought I'd have to skip out on the fun. But, tomorrow I can go and get it. :D I think that tonight I'll begin Pamuk as well....I've held off as long as I could.

Finally, because I love Jane Austen, I took a quiz just to calm the last of my parking ticket anger.

I am Emma Woodhouse!


Take the Quiz here!




Hmmm...not sure how true this one is. But, I certainly would love to find a Mr. Knightley!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Knightley is great isn't he? I've just finished Emma and loved it. Sorry to hear about your parking ticket. That sucks. Hope you can get that taken off your record.

Bookfool said...

I need to read Emma.

I'm Marianne Dashwood. Cool.