Sunday, October 21, 2007

Final Read-a-Thon Post

Whew. I got a lot of sleep since the last post. :) This was a ton of fun, and I highly recommend that everyone who can clear their schedules next year participate! Although I loved the reading, and the prizes, my favourite part was the community building that went on. :D

The first winner of my prize drawing is 3M, so she gets first pick of the books. Once she's picked, I'll draw the next winner!

Here's Dewey's final survey.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour Sixteen...I experienced a serious energy slump and felt really loopy. Fortunately, the hot chocolate perked me back up.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Kitchen Boy, Marked, Tithe, Gods in Alabama

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I enjoyed this one a lot; I didn't really think anything was lacking!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the mini-challenges and the cheerleaders. It all went very smoothly!

5. How many books did you read? 7, plus parts of two more (2,014 pages)

6. What were the names of the books you read? I completed: Tithe by Holly Black, The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander, The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie, Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson, Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast, The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith, The Children of Green Knowe by L.M. Boston I read from: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrless

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Three Way Tie: Marked, The Kitchen Boy, The Children of Green Knowe

8. Which did you enjoy least? The Sunday Philosophy Club

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader. :)

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? If I can, I'd love to participate in next year's read-a-thon. I'd probably be a reader again!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun to read your read-a-thon posts! Looks like it was a lot of fun and 2000 pages, that kicks ass. Hope you slept all Sunday.

Ted said...

2000+ pages - wow! I read around 4000 the entire summer and I thought that was good. I hope you bathed your eyes with cold water or put a cold bead bag on them or something.

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a great job on the read-a-thon! And, yes, what did you do on Sunday? :)

Anonymous said...

You really did great, would you believe it, I couldn't fall asleep afterwards!!!!Then when I finally did, I ended up sleeping all day, oh, the shame :)

Nyssaneala said...

I agree, the best part was getting to know other bloggers a bit better!

2,000 pages is quite an achievement!

Anonymous said...

Eva, I tagged you with an abc meme, feel free to ignore!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe some of you actually did this! I read The Kitchen Boy back in April and really enjoyed it.
Stephanie
thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Bybee said...

I'm doing that "I'm not worthy" bow. 2000+ pages...you certainly rock!

Booklogged said...

Holy smokes, Eva! Over 2,000 pages - that is awesome. I'm glad to hear that you liked Marked and Children of Green Knowe because they are both on my shelf TBR.

I thought the readathon was a great success, too.

Petunia said...

I am really impressed with your reading and your posting. I don't know if I could have done it but I sure want to give it a try next year if I can. Great job!

Eva said...

Verbivore, I pretty much did!

Ted, I don't usually read that fast...I can't explain it!

Iliana, mainly I slept. :D

Claire, I did the same thing as you; I couldn't fall asleep for a couple of hours!

Nyssaneala, thanks!

Claire, I'll try to get to it soon. :)

Stephanie, it was fun!

Bybee, awww-thanks. I don't know how I read that much!

Booklogged, I bet you'll really enjoy Marked and Children of Green Knowe! They're very different, but both relaxing and fun reads. :)

Anonymous said...

Seven books? You read SEVEN books?

Wow...

Amat Libris said...

Congratulations on completing the read-a-thon! I don't know if I could have managed it, had the time zone here allowed me to try. (Midnight to midnight, then up at 5.30 - I'd have fallen asleep in my Plant Biotech lecture!)