Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hour Twelve


Half-Time alert! This week's half-time entertainment? A picture of Eva's dinner...
(Note: picture pending...Blogger isn't letting me upload pics :( )
two tacos loaded with beans, cheese, yummy salsa from a Mexican restaurant, and homemade guacamole (my guacamole has been responsible for converting several former guac-haters). Simple, but fast. I'm a taco fiend, maybe from living in San Antonio (home of the original Taco Cabanas) for so long. I probably have at least one taco six days a week!

Additional entertainment provided by Dewey's meme...

1. What are you reading right now? Godsin Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson

2. How many books have you read so far? 3

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? good question! probably Marked or Good Omens...maybe The Wisdom of Father Brown

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I don't have kids, but I do live with my parents and baby niece (I'm the nanny). I just stressed that I would be reading all day, and they've been really good about it so far.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just a few, and they were fun ones (like my sister bringing my niece in to attack me w/ lamb chops kitchen mitts). I looked at them as welcome breaks! My biggest interruption from reading has been checking out all the blogs. :)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Just how much it feels like a little community; I've gotten a ton of comments on my posts, and I've left a ton of comments as well. It really feels special. :) That, and how fast the hours are flying by!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not so far!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? So far, nothing really.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope! (I've been trying to drink caffeine regularly every couple of hours)

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Well, the starting things off with a YA novel seemed very helpful, but other than that not much. :)

Well, as you might have noticed from the meme, I have put Lud-in-the-Mist aside for the moment. It's delightful, but I'm not in the right mood for it. So, this hour I grabbed Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson. I'm a little over 50 pages in and enjoying it!

Books Read (this hour): Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
Pages Read (cum.): 957
Books Completed: 3 (Tithe by Holly Black, The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander, The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie)
Mini-Challenges Participated In: 8

7 comments:

Nyssaneala said...

3 books! That's amazing!!!! I'll be nodding off soon, so good luck through the night!

Cheerleader Alisia

Dewey said...

Wow, you've participated in 10 mini-challenges? I didn't even realize I scheduled so many! I think next year I'll cut down on that. Aside from the time advantage, it would also make for bigger prizes, since they wouldn't be spread between so many challenges.

I like the community thing, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Gods in Alabama sounds like something I may like. I will be looking forward to your review.

Eva said...

Alisia, thanks! Have a good night. :D

Dewey, I'm dumb-I've only done eight. But there are two other ones I haven't done yet, so you have scheduled ten! I really like having a mini-challenge almost every hour, but that's me. I'm sure it's a lot of work!

Shannon, so far, I'm really enjoying it!

Kathleen said...

Wow you've read a LOT!

Eva said...

Callista, thanks! When I get into a groove, I get into a groove, lol. :D I haven't been reading any dense books, though.

Debi said...

OMGosh! You are one fast reader! (Yes, that would be a tinge a jealousy you "hear in my voice")

And thanks for the cut and paste tip!